Friday, May 20, 2011

It's the End of the World!

I guess there isn't enough happening in the world today. That is evident by the press and attention that is being given to a group who has been warning that May 21st is Judgement Day.

Some are such strong believers that they will be sitting holding their breath tomorrow waiting for the events of the day to unfold. Okay. Whatever.

As another blogger reminded today, the man who "started" this whole campaign to warn others of doomsday had predicted this happening years ago but nothing happened. I guess his supporters have either forgiven him for that alarm or they have some other way to justify that "this time" he is right.

I don't have any great plans this weekend. It is rare that I do. I am just looking forward to chilling with my daughter and being spontaneous. I expect to wake up Sunday morning and if the mood strikes me, make up some homemade blueberry Belgian waffles and just enjoy the day with my family.

I am pretty sure that on Sunday there will be a bunch of people walking around feeling like fools for their beliefs. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment