Sunday, April 24, 2011

Presents

I found out this morning that my cats left me a gift outside my bedroom door last night. Thankfully, my daughter removed their gift before I saw it.

It would not have been pretty or quiet.

Although I appreciate the idea that my cats are taking care of unwanted mice that are crawling around in my home, I don't need to be presented with their bodies as trophies.

So, I very well could have woken up in the middle of the night, stumbled out my bedroom door on my way to the bathroom and stepped right on this token of my cats' affection. There would have been some screaming and making it across the hall to the bathroom might not have happened. (LOL)

In a cat's mind, she/he was doing something nice for her/his human.

It is the thought that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment