Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Reconnecting

Yesterday was a great day. After barely seeing my husband for days, I got to spend some time with him.

Didn't know how much I needed it. By days end, I felt revived. Guess I depend on him more than I thought.

People choose to get married for many different reasons. Sometimes I think that they are not being honest about what the real reasons are. I know why we got married. It might have seemed sudden to some and long overdue to others. In our case, the decision to get married was made only a few days before the deed was done.

We were already committed to each other. What we lacked was that "piece of paper". I was tired of calling him my "boyfriend" and after some personal family issues happened, I realized that life is short. Why were we waiting?

So on a Friday night, the 13th of July, we did it. With family present we made it official. In typical untraditional fashion, there was no honeymoon or even wedding rings. Do you really need symbols when the love is in your hearts? My new husband worked shifts and after returning from the ceremony he had to go to work. For us, somehow, it works.

Our life is complicated. It can be crazy but no matter what happens, I know he is there for me. We may go days without too much time spent together, but in my heart and very soul, I know he is sharing this journey with me.

When we do get the time to reconnect, it just reminds me of how lucky I am to have found my other half. He is the one who completes me.

We may not have a lot but together we have it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment