Friday, April 22, 2011

Technologically Challenged

Some people are gifted with the ability to take things apart and put them back together. I am not one of those people. I have my strengths and I have my weaknesses.

One of my more frustrating weaknesses is my inability to grasp technology. It took me quite some time to learn how to copy & paste for example. Not a good thing when you make your living doing web content writing. Yup, some things challenge me.

Yesterday I got a new cellphone. A sense of panic had already entered my mind at the thought of having to learn how to navigate a new phone. Unlike my last phone, this one has a touch screen. Okay, how hard can that be?

Hahahahahahaha- for me, quite a challenge obviously.

This morning I was supposed to call my mother to check up on her because she was not feeling well last night. I picked up my phone and realized that I didn't know where to find the keypad to put the numbers in to call my mom. ( I resisted the urge to say "dial" my mom's number,lol)

The apps (?) seemed clear enough but touching the one that said "phone" didn't bring me any closer. After about 20 minutes of frustration, the keypad magically appeared. I have no clue how or why or what I did.

Ugh. Technology sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment